Monday, February 6, 2012

Makeup Mondays: Rimmel London Moisture Renew Cream Lipgloss

A tad bit brighter than in the photo

I purchased this gloss in "Purple Rescue" because I have a penchant for bold lip colors. I can pull this off for two reasons- I rarely wear eye makeup (so I won't look like a slaggy clown) because of my glasses and my lips are full enough to wear darker or brighter colors. Let me tell you, the color is not as scary as it sounds; the color is closer to a pink-y fuschia. It looks amazing on my pale skin with blue undertones. I also like that it has SPF 15, making it a fairly safe gloss to wear to the beach. The gloss is not sticky and the doe-foot applicator is sufficient.

This being said, there is a downside. Nothing gold can stay and that definitely applies here. About one hour goes by and it has worn off, with a small color deposit left behind. Keep in mind, this was an hour in which I drank or ate nothing and did very little talking. I attribute this to the thinner formula; this is the same formula that makes it less sticky. Also, there was an unattractive gooey strawberry milk-shaded line on the inner part of my lower lip. Residue is not exactly the best look in the world.

Cost: $5 - $5.50 for 0.20 fl oz

No comments: