Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Ghirardelli Gourmet Milk Creamy Devotion 32% Cacao Milk Chocolate




Phew.
I was sent the complimentary Valentine's Day-themed VoxBox by Influenster. It had been a few hours since I had breakfast so, I hungrily decided to open, test, and photograph the chocolate. I like to say that I don't care about packaging, but I have known to judge a few books by their covers (and they wound up being really great reads!) That being said, I like the packaging on this this. The coloring is nice (I'm a sucker for metallic blue ombre) and the package mixes raised lettering with gold accents. I also likes the pale gold color of the foil wrapping; it felt classier than a pure gold smooth foil.

Now, I'm not really one to buy chocolate by itself. I generally like chocolate mixed with something else, which I know Ghirardelli produces. Because of this, I was satisfied just munching on one square of chocolate. It was milkier tasting than the milk chocolate I'm used to; I don't have strong taste buds, but even that stood out to me.

Another thing I liked it that they encourage you to recycle the packaging (which I unaware could be recycled) and that the ingredients are simple.

There were also attributes I didn't like, though neither of which dealt with the flavor. I don't like that the saturated fat in one serving size (3 squares) is 40% of a days' worth. I also did not like packaging the product back up; this isn't just a trait of this brand. Putting chocolate bars back into this kind of packaging feels a lot like trying to fit a camping tent back into its original bag.

Overall, if you are a no-frills chocolate fan, go for it. The flavors make it stick out from regular chocolate and the packaging makes you feel classy, even if half the product is on your face.

No comments: