Monday, January 30, 2012

Makeup Mondays: AmLactin Moisturizing Lotion Review

I ordered a sample of this lotion and received three small packets. For my face, half a packet is enough for one use. The lotion is formulated with lactic acid, which throws the pH balance to about 5.0. This may explain the mild irritation when I apply it to my face. Lactic acid is supposed to soften rough and dry skin, but I think the dryer the skin, the more the product will feel like burning.
This product takes a long time to sink in and my face looks like a grease-ball until I apply primer and BareMinerals foundation. I have given the lotion a few weeks to do what the company claims. It appears to me now that while the thin, milky lotion moisturizes my face, it also makes any bumps on my face more frequent and pronounced.
A 14 ounce bottle is $19.19 on Drugstore.com and needless to say, I will not be purchasing this. 

No comments: