Monday, January 16, 2012

Makeup Mondays: Softsoap Coconut Scrub


Through Influenster's VoxBox complimentary (if time isn't money) program, I received a two-pack of this Softsoap Coconut Scrub. The scrub is actually a bar soap, with bits of...something in it. I hadn't used bar soap in quite some time before sending this to trial, mainly for the reason that bar soap dries out my skin. This bar did not dry me out, but did not moisturize the skin either. I am only speculating, but I think this "neutral" effect on the skin is because although the bar contains soap, it also has glycerin and various oils. This would be great for people with normal (not dry, not oily) skin. People with drier skin would do better with a translucent bar soap (higher glycerine content). As far as the name/fragrance goes, it is not the most fitting. Die-hard coconut fans won't be pleased; a better suited name would be "Pina Colada." For whatever reason, beauty companies can not seem to grasp the concept that coconuts do not really smell "sweet" or sugary.




No comments: