Monday, December 26, 2011

Makeup Mondays: NYC New York Color Liquid Lipshine



NYC Liquid Lipshine layered over a coral lipstick

Influenster's VoxBox program complimentarily assigned me a NYC New York Color Liquid Lipshine to review. The gloss is in a 0.24 fl oz tube and the wand tip, though longer than average, is nifty when it comes to applying the gloss in front of a mirror. The color is "Nude York City"; it is close to that of a caramel candy. The amount of shimmer in this gloss is perfect. They are tiny but plentiful enough to add a noticeable gleam. I find this gloss is less sticky than some other ones in my makeup wardrobe and it smells of vanilla cake batter. If I am going to wear a shimmer gloss, I want it to be bold; I think I will check out the bright pinks of the Liquid Lipshine range. The lasting power on this has been great and when it wears down, it leaves a pleasing shimmer residue on my lips. Nothing is perfect though, and this gloss is no different. I put it in my purse one day and when I returned home, I found it had leaked onto some of my things. I'm thinking this is a product flaw because since the tube is oval rather than round, I know I would have closed it all the way to match up in the correct manner; I'm too detail oriented to muss up something like that.

This is what Influenster has to say about the Lipshine:
"Straight from the city that never sleeps, NYC New York Color offers products with uptown style at down-to-earth prices, from $.99 - $4.99. The energy, style and color of New York City shines through the wide range of shades, textures and innovative products. NYC always delivers the most on-trend products & shades hot off the runway!

A beauty-editor favorite is Liquid Lipshine ($2.49). It has pure pigments that created a 3-D gloss effect. Vitamin E provides shine and a moisturizing feel. The formula is non-sticky, super shiny & soft. Available in 10 on-trend shades from neutral nudes, to berries & fuchsias. Start shopping for NYC at these stores nearest you: Walmart, Target, Rite Aid, CVS, Family Dollar, Duane Reade, Kmart, HEB, and others.  Visit newyorkcolor.com to check out all shades and fun products from New York Color!"


Check out the site. See for yourself. Its not exactly a large investment, at $2.49 ($1.69 at drugstore.com).

No comments: