Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Larabar


I received this sample-sized (0.78oz) bar as part of the VoxBox program. The flavor that was included in my box was "Coconut Cream Pie" but my first thought while chewing was, fig newtons. It tasted like a mix of figs and dates, with a hint of coconut. Don't buy this product because you are a fan of coconuts; buy it because you are a fan of dates. The Larabar company's products are gluten free, dairy free, soy free, non-gmo, vegan, and kosher. I'm the kind of person who actually enjoys the inside of fig newtons, and if you are too, then I recommend this. If not, it won't kill you to try it--just don't go buying a Costco-sized package of them. The bar is high in fiber, which is great, but it is also high in calories (100 in the 0.78oz bar) and almost half of those calories are from fat. Often, bars such as this one are marketed as "healthy" but they aren't really so watch yourself. The ingredients are dates, unsweetened coconut, almonds, cashews, and extra virgin coconut oil. Simple enough, which I like. 

Why not take a look?
http://www.larabar.com/

P.S. I couldn't take a photograph of the bar because I ate it too quickly.

No comments: