Monday, January 23, 2012

Makeup Mondays: Dove Nourishing Oil Care Leave-In Smoothing Cream review


I received a sample packet of this in the mail and I have used it on three separate occasions. The cream, applied onto wet hair, will not be added to my Holy Grail. The cream (basically leave-in conditioner) smells great but it left a halo of frizz around my hair. Also, it made my curls stick together ("defined" in beauty magazine language) in a way that looked stringy, not refined. I understand this can be caused by using too much but I used less on subsequent applications and found the same thing happened. I believe if you can not find a sufficiently smoothing conditioner and you have to use a leave-in, there are lighter and more evenly applying (read: spray) variations.

On a side note, if I was (beauty product?) president, I would require all leave-in conditioners to have UVA/UVB protection. There's no reason not to.

No comments: